Welcome to the webpage for the Association of Intermountain Housing Officers (AIMHO)! On behalf of the Executive Committee, I would like to thank you for being a member of our association and encourage you to get to know the people within AIMHO through your participation in the annual conference, and ongoing committee work. AIMHO is an exciting organization, but one that needs YOUR help in order to stay an active and vital part of our housing organization. For those of you who are not AIMHO members, I hope you find the information within these webpages informative and further hope you will consider joining our association. AIMHO is a wonderful way to collaborate with colleagues throughout the region, share resources and information, and meet new and "seasoned" professionals within the housing profession.
AIMHO will be engaging in a dynamic process of "re-visiong our Associaiton" as we engage in a yar-long Strategic Planning process. During my very brief comments at the conclusion of the Fall 2012 conference, I asked everyone to share their ideas of "what AIMHO can do" for our member schools and individuals. While the Executive Committee and Committee Chairs are just beginning to dig through your suggestions, several distinct "themes" emerged as potential priorities for our efforts this coming year:
- Networking, Connections, Mentoring
- AIMHO’s Social Media Profile
- Targeted Programming for Various Professional Levels (Entry/New Professional, Mid Management, Senior Level and support services)
- Strengthening Inter-Association Ties
- Outreach to Institutional Members, State Connections and greater connectively via the State and Provincial Representatives
- Professional Development, Program, AIMHO 365, Expansion of Webinars
- Access to and representative Diversity of Association Leadership.
Our State and Provencial representatives, Committee and Executive Leadership will be actively engaged in soliciting and listenting to the needs and ideas from individuals and institutional members for our Association. Our people are our greatest asset, and together, we will continue to create an Outstandng Professional Associaiton for our incredible membership.
-Julie Franklin, 2012-13 AIMHO President